Saturday, June 19, 2010

Inspired by Shrimps...

It's summer break~~And till now I can still smell shrimps...I experimented on shrimps 2 weeks ago but I can still smell the 'shrimpy' stench...argghhh I'm sick of shrimps!!No more shrimps or any thing like that...at least for another 2 months.Talking about my EE(Extended Essay) experiment...I tested the effect of the concentration of tea on the heart rates of the shrimps... It was my first time having such an 'intimate' relationship with shrimps.I've been touching them, feeding them and catching them whenever they jumped out of the water. The best thing about the whole experiment is catching them when they jumped out of the water. The shrimp will jump 8cm high(approximately) whenever you touch them.There was once when I took 4 minutes catching one shrimp and releasing it back into the water. And one more thing is DONT estimate the strength of shrimps. They may be tiny but whenever I caught one between my fingers, the force exerted whenever it struggled amazed me. It's will to survive is so strong. Sometimes, I do not comprehend the reason for some people who end their lives so easily. There are many other people out there in the world who are striving to be alive. For example, people in poorer nations who face the scarcity of food. They would rather have mud or soil as a meal but they do not give up on life. Another example is people living in war zones who are often troubled by the thought 'Will I survive another day?'. It is not their desire to live in that state but they still have to. Because they have no choice. So for us, the ones who are much more fortunate than these people, is it rational then to end our lives just because of a small challenge. I admit that being a human is not easy. We face barriers in our daily lives. We face challenges that make us fall. However, we must stay strong. Try thinking of how lucky we are if compared to those who are not. All I want to say is LOVE LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment